Saturday, July 11, 2009

Quick Guide for New Users

If you are just visiting this blog for the first time, let me explain the history of the blog quickly to improve usability.

I started this blog in September of 2006 at the onset of the Fourth Season, writing up "decomps" and critiques of every episode in between September and December of that year. All blog posts in 2007 monitor critical reaction to the series as well as updates on the Fifth and final season which began airing on HBO in America in January, 2008. You can read my Season Five episode posts by clicking on the posts in between January and March of that year. Afterwards, I blogged only occasionally, linking to articles of interest to David Simon, about the various mystery writers on the show which I have taken a liking to and the myriad sociological aspects which made the show so fascinating.

Speaking of which, I just started reading "Lush Life" by Richard Price, a novelist who wrote a handful of "Wire" episodes. I highly recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home