Saturday, August 02, 2008

Wire Cast at Museum of Moving Image

Sounded like a nice night. I would have liked to have been there.

And the Season Five DVD box comes out on Aug. 12.

- I've watched the first two episodes of "Generation Kill." I think it's very good. It's a little hard to tell all the characters apart though. But it has great dialogue and shows the perspective of the soliders very well. I'm not enraptured by it, but I enjoy watching it.

- And George Pelecanos' new novel "The Turnaround" just came out. I've read "Soul Circus" and "Hard Revolution." Very good. I enjoyed them better than Dennis Lehane's "Shutter Island." Pelecanos' novels just do such a great job of capturing a sense of place - of driving around a city, listening to music, seeing people, hearing and seeing things. It seems to me to be a particularly unique form of urban American realism.

There's a lot in his novels. I recommend picking one up. I'll have to check out some the Richard Price novels at some point too that one of this blog's readers recommended.

- Lastly, I am now the articles editor at www.newgeography.com. Check it out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home