Thursday, January 25, 2007

Fifth Season to Begin Filming in March

That's what it says in this article in the LA Daily News via Michael K. Williams (Omar). Williams plays a detective in Ben Affleck's directorial debut, "Gone, Baby Gone" due out later this year.

Also, if you live in the DC-Philly nexus, you might want to check out David Simon speaking in public on February 6 at Loyola College. From the "Towson Times:"

"On the Wire: An Evening with David Simon," creator, writer and producer of HBO's Baltimore-set series "The Wire," 7:30 p.m. Feb. 6 in Loyola College's McGuire Hall, 4501 N. Charles St. Free.

I would LOVE to go to this.

In other miscellaneous Wire news....

Gbenga Akinnagbe appears in this "Out of Charcter" video via HBO talking about his acting. It's a bit campy if you ask me. If you would like to preserve the evil mystique of his character in your mind's eye, you might not want to watch it.

Oh yes, and watching the NFL playoffs not long ago, I was pleasantly surprised to see Isiah Whitlock Jr. (aka Clay Sheeeeeeet Davis) make a cameo in a Verizon Wireless commercial. He was dressed in a bath robe and holding a mug and acting much more wholesome than his counterpart at City Hall.

Also, in personal news, I just bought a small neighborhood monthly newspaper in San Francisco. I'll disclose the URL and more info once the ball gets moving and there's actually content to show...

2 Comments:

Blogger Undercover Black Man said...

Greetings, Andy.

On Monday, I posted an interview with David Simon on my blog, in which we discuss Season Four of "The Wire."

I posted more of our conversation yesterday, focused on the early years of Simon's writing career.

Check 'em out, I think you'll find them interesting.

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good looking on the David Simon talk on Feb. 6th. I will be making the trip from Philly to check it out.

I'm halfway through Mr. Simon's "Homicide" book and already have picked up 2 people whose names were flipped into characters on the show (besides the amazing Jay Landsman)--Mouzone and Sydnor. Can't wait to see him let loose at Loyola.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home